MIAM

MIAM

Friday 27 November 2009

Xmas Banner -2nd piece

I've been looking forward to this next challenge of RSS as it is the second piece of the Christmas Banner. Wasn't sure what Kraft paper was, and I don't think I was the only one but it turns out that it's just plain old brown paper! The cut n' dry stamping was a new technique to me and although it was fairly successful I'm not sure I would try it again. I pressed some buttons into the foam on the back like this..
















and stamped onto white card using T.H. Antique Linen distress Ink. The edges of the pennant were inked using Walnut Stain. Then I punched some eyelets near the top, threaded some raffia through, tied it and added a button. Next, I tore some strips of brown paper and edged them with gold E.P. Finally I stamped a christmas tree from Christine Dark's Joie de Noel set in a sage colour, cut it out and mounted it on dimension tape.
I kept this pennant quite simple purposely, I don't like my creations to look too busy and also I don't know what the next two challenges hold in store.
Keep warm and thanks for looking.
Fiona x

8 comments:

  1. This is great Fiona. Still haven't managed to do mine yet but will hopefully start it this evening. We're having a new boiler put in on Monday but it's being moved from the kitchen to the loft so not looking forward to a house full of workmen!
    Have a great weekend. Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your 2nd banner Fiona and the button stamp you made, it looks great inked with the Antique Linen, this was a new technique to me too. The layout is great and I agree about not wanting to put too much on as we don't know how the rest will pan out. Almost finished my next one and hope to get it blogged soon. Hope you're well and have a great weekend. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love the less is more look Fiona. And I do love the rustic look to your banner as well,
    Love Sarita xx
    PS: So glad you found some Kraft card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Fiona - good idea to use buttons on your C&D foam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job fiona. Love the background even if you're not keen on the technique. You've created a smashin pennant.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many gorgeous creations since my last visit.
    I love your banner, I think the pressed button technique came out beautifully.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done !!
    Love the bright happy funky red colour :)

    Brigitte from Australia :)
    http://brigittescrap.canalblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!