MIAM

MIAM

Monday 8 February 2010

More Cute

Here is another Valentine's Card, with this one I had the Crafty Calendar Challenge in mind where the theme this month is Love/Friendship with optional extra of hearts.




The image is by Sugar Nellie and I coloured her with water colour pencils. I embossed some red card stock with the CB Hearts folder, distressed this around the edges, and attached some raffia lace. I aged the calendar page with a tea bag and curled up a couple of corners and attached this to some backing paper which I've had for ages, (can't remember the manufacturer) which was also distressed. Then I inked all around the edges of the card with Antique Linen and Walnut Stain Distress Inks. The final additions were a rose and some punched leaves and a button.

Not really sure I like this card, I think it looks a bit plain.

Thanks for taking a look.


Fiona x

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Fiona, I love the simplicity of it and the calendar page is a lovely touch - such a sweet image too! There's something for you on my blog...:)
    Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT, a cute stamp LOL! I love your card Fiona, I don't think it's plain because of what you've done with the calendar page and the embossed red card. Lovely colouring and the ageing on the calendar looks wonderful. Hope you're well. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea fiona, might have to use that one sometime. Lovely card!
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fiona

    Love the card, and a nice idea with the calender and the turned corner.

    Eunice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the calander idea Fiona, and your Sugar Nellie image looks perfect perched on top! Love the texture with the raffia lace,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fiona! Catching up in your gorgeous designs. I love the calendar page idea you have used on this one and your Sugar Nellie is such a cutie too.
    The Swirl stamp I used on my 'Romantic Simples' is from a white foam stamp set from QVC. It's the flowers & Tassels option.
    Hope that helps
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!