MIAM

MIAM

Thursday 18 March 2010

Flower Power

Crafty Calendar Challenge are looking for cards with a 'Flower Power' theme this month. This is my interpretation, and I thought it would also be suitable to enter into The Pink Elephant's current challenge which is 'Spring'



The phrase 'Flower Power' conjures up a 60's/70's psychedelic design to me, so I tried to give my card that sort of 'retro vibe' with the colours used and the style of flowers.




The stamps used are by Elusive Images, and the stems are hand-stitched with green embroidery thread. (I did get my sewing machine out as I wanted to use a zig-zag stitch but discovered I had no green cotton, doh!) The grass idea is not my own and I have seen it on several blogs but unable to remember whose, I'm afraid. A computer generated sentiment and some stardust stickles (not visible as usual!) completes this very simple card.

Thank you for stopping to look.
Fiona x

PS Thanks Eunice.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Fiona I love it, you really have some great ideas. You are very talented well done love the stitching.

    Eunice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona, Gorgeous card! Pretty colours.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card Fiona! I really love your take on the challenge and the flowers and grass look gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this month! Have a nice weekend. :) Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card, so different from the norm. The flowers looks wonderful with the stitch stems and then your grass is so so effective. Thanks for joining us this month over at Crafty Calendar Challenges.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!