MIAM

MIAM

Saturday 27 March 2010

RSS No. 17


Hoping this challenge will not be Ready Steady Stamp's swansong as I really enjoy RSS. So, here is my entry although I had to think about the 'ingredients' for days before I came up with anything.



I cut a tag from cream cardstock and stamped some green leaves around the edges (well actually, I think they are ears of corn but they look like leaves when stamped like this!) Next I stamped the numbers in pink and then stamped 'Papillons' across the tag in two places in a sepia tone. I also used a scrolly stamp which I think looks a bit like a butterfly. Then I stamped the main image twice, coloured them using the inks previously used and layered one on top of the other using small blobs of silicon glue to help raise the wings. I made some antennae from wire and fixed these under the top layer.


I mounted the tag on some pink corrugated card and then onto another layer of brown Bazzil that I spritzed with Cosmic Shimmers to give it a pinky iridescent effect. An eyelet was bashed into the top of the tag and I threaded some organza ribbons through which I heated with my heat gun to make them go curly.
Lastly I added some pink glitter to the butterly wings. (but of course, this is not visble in these photo's, as bloody usual!)


Nearly forgot to mention the stamps which were Crafty Individuals - leaves, PaperArtsy - numbers and Butterfly, Katzelkraft- scroll and lovely French words and phrases (designed by Isabelle Norris)
Hope you like my effort.

Must to get back to my craft room now as I am halfway through making forty wedding invitations for my cousin and she wants to post them soon.


Enjoy the remainder of the weekend and thanks for looking.

Fiona x


Edit:Have also realised that this creation fits the bill at Tuesday Taggers where the current theme is BUGS and there is a prize of £15 from the Craft Barn .

17 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Fiona!
    I love seeing how others use my stamp designs. Thanks for playing with us
    hugs,
    isax

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Fiona and well done for doing yours.
    I'm still at the thinking stage and have a little pile of things I might use set aside waiting for inspiration to strike.
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Fiona, this is such a stunning creation! The butterfly is so gorgeous and I love the colours! :) Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great as always Fiona you really have a lovely style.

    Eunice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwww ! very beautiful !
    Thanks for playing.
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous tag Fiona - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fabby stamping Fiona! Love all the layers you have created with your stamping, and love the soft pretty colours too,
    Have a fab Easter,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Fiona. This is perfect for Tuesday Taggers too this week and there's a prize on offer.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. This tag is gorgeous. The stamps you used are lovely. Thx palying along with TT this week
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning tag! Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag thank you so much for sharing it with us at TT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great tag. You are so clever putting all those elements of the challenge together and have them fuse so wonderfully.
    Hope you had a lovely Easter.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great tag. You are so clever putting all those elements of the challenge together and have them fuse so wonderfully.
    Hope you had a lovely Easter.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A stunning tag Fiona - love the use of those gentle colours and the thoughtful matting and layering makes it all look so good! thanks for sharing with us at TT this week x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful Fiona and very elegant with those gorgeous stamps. I love how you've put it all together, such a clever design! The frizzled ribbon looks wonderful, it kind of echoes butterfly wings, love that. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!