MIAM

MIAM

Saturday 31 December 2011

Just One Word

Hello Readers,

Hope you all had a lovely festive time and received lots of crafty stash from Father Christmas. I was lucky enough to receive a Glitter Pot voucher, so I dashed down there in the week and spent some of it in their sale. I bought some stamps by Woodware, some card blanks, embellies and an embossing folder. I have used one of the stamps in this latest card for the current LIM challenge where we must use only one word on the card.
Fortunately this challenge runs for two weeks as although I made my card several days ago, I've had no chance to upload it due to visitors yesterday and cooking and cleaning prior to that.


I stamped the 'Friend' sentiment by SU in Memento Rich Cocoa and then framed it with my new Woodware stamp in Versa Magic Sahara Sand and cut around it. Then I dabbed a combination of these two inks onto the card with a make-up sponge. (a la Barbara Grey) This just looked messy, but I managed to rescue it by tidying it up with the masking technique and then overstamped with another SU stamp, the trailing Ivy.
Finally I positioned the frame onto the card with sticky fixers.


I'm planning to have a crafty day today, now I've finished clearing up yesterday's mess. Although I should be going out and getting some exercise as after all that food I feel like a big fat blob, the weather does not inspire me however!


Before I go I just thought I'd share this Curio House/Config Box (call it what you will) that I made my niece for Christmas. I bought it completely undecorated at The Craft Barn for £2.99 and really enjoyed tarting it up. I kept this one relatively minimalist but will be doing more of these.




Hope you like my creations today, please leave me a comment if you do, they are much appreciated.
Very Best Wishes for 2012 to all in Blogland, TFL.

Fiona xx

12 comments:

  1. A simply lovely elegant card and your little house is gorgeous love the colours that you have used! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Oooh . . . I have this SU set . . . I just LOVE what you've done with it. Might have to try and emulate it.

    Wishing you a happy and crafty 2012.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very elegant and classy card for the LIM challenge Fiona, and a gorgeous "house box" for your niece - I'll bet she loved it!
    Have a very happy 2012 - hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Fiona, I love cards with a central band like this!
    Super job!
    Thanks so much and a very Happy New Year to you and yours.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up as I missed this before! Gorgeous card and a fabulous box which I'm sure your niece was thrilled with as it's so very pretty.
    Glad to hear you had a good spending spree (I can recommend that embossing folder btw as it looks fabulous when you see what it does)
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous friend card. Love the colours. Your house box is brilliant. I am sure it will be well loved

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and beautiful little box too, well done :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely elegant card Fiona.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Fiona, Happy NY wishes to you and yours! What a gorgeous card, so stylish and elegant. Love the colour scheme you've used and that little house if fantastic hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both Fantastic Fiona!
    Hope 2012 brings you all you would wish for.
    Much Love
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific card Fiona, our little house is super too

    Happy new year to you
    Thank you
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your house. It's so beautiful.Thank you for your message you wrote on mummy's blog.
    Melissa xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!