MIAM

MIAM

Friday, 30 June 2017

Photo Scavenger Hunt - June

If I ever manage to publish this post it will be a miracle.  After weeks of computer problems and internet speeds slower than an arthritic slug, umpteen phone calls to my provider (...Plusnet, you have not 'done me proud') and to BT, my issues are still not resolved!.  If I do manage to get connected at all, everything takes eons to download, lucky then that I started to draught this post before the problem started.  I've a telecom man coming next week...wish me luck.

So here we go with this month's Scavenger Hunt snaps, thanks go to Hawthorn for some interesting prompts.




Setting Sun

 This sun was setting five years ago in Cornwall...didn't get around to finding an unobstructed sunset this month.


Local wild place

Mill Lane, Felbridge just a mile or so up the road....it would be a lovely tranquil spot if inconsiderate drivers did not park up lakeside with their engines revving and boom boxes blasting.    Crikey I've turned into an old person.

mug of fave drink in garden

 Not a mug or a garden but tea is my favourite drink, only 'builder's' will do.   I cannot function without my morning cuppa and so teabags are a must in my luggage on my travels to France.

My kind of beautiful
 
  I'm no petrol head and am generally bored rigid by cars, but I can appreciate design flair and Citroën had it in spades when they commissioned the DS in the 1950's.  I'm also no fan of personalized number plates but I'd put up with this one.  Funnily enough I spotted this car in the street en route to my weekly French lesson.


Look to the skies

I was getting the washing off the line when I happened to notice these birds perched all in a row on a neighbour's TV aerial.


Mini beasts

 This slimy fellow was spotted whilst I was gardening so I shot inside to fetch my camera before he slithered off.

Rain

Go away!


Something summery




 The first rose of the year!


Urban wilderness
 
 I struggled with this one and didn't manage to capture anything this month.  After trawling through my archive I found this photo of an abandoned car in Croatia taken a few years back and thought it kinda fitted the bill.


My own choice

 I've just returned from France where I entertained the first visitor in my van, friend and ex colleague Debbie.  We enjoyed many a Kir Royale in the sultry early evening heat. 

Linking with  I live, I love, I craft... and hoping to be firing on all cylinders next time.
Wishing you all a great weekend.


33 comments:

  1. Love all your pictures especially the simple daisies in a vase with your favourite mug of tea and your interpretation of Urban Wilderness was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jak, the daisy photo seems to be popular.

      Delete
  2. Love your photos. Such an interesting selection. The sunset is my favourite. I do like old cars and the personalised number plate is such a hoot. It was considerate of the birds to line up for you on the TV aeriel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I like to think the birds were having a good old chinwag.

      Delete
  3. Great pictures, I love your fave drink one, probably as much because it is so bleak here at the moment and that one is so summery :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I never imagine the southern hemisphere's winter to be as bleak as ours.

      Delete
  4. Loving your caravan.Looks a lovely retreat. The car was clearly a sign to continue your french lessons. Your local wild place does look tranquil. I found the scavenger hunt through following you on bloglovin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love my van too. So glad I led you to the hunt, won't be joining in next month as I'll be in France but hope to be back in Aug.

      Delete
  5. Lovely Fiona & we all have such a different take on the words & I just have so much fun looking at everyone else's photos, where they reside & a snapshot into who they are. Sometimes I too, find that it is difficult take pics as we are in the middle of winter & the summery one was not forthcoming so thank heavens for the archives we can access these days from our computers. We also don't like noisy just as you don't, as on our walk today there was "very" noisy motorbike, then a red pickup screaming along the street. Is it an age issue" (giggle). My favourites would be the birds & your local place. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent selection of stories and pictures , I love how folk interpret the last of words, thank you for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really enjoy these hunts, hope to join in again in August.

      Delete
  7. Lovely retreat you have there, yeeeew slithery snails ,I found a pile of empty shells the other day so something likes them. I am with you on the noise thing but then I am old !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birds are welcome to them as far as I am concerned.

      Delete
  8. Beautifully composed photographs. I love the local wild place. What a lovely place for a picnic if it wasn't for the 'revvers'. J

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find these photo scavenger hunt posts really interesting, love your photos and interpretation. Glad you managed to post despite internet problems xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not join in next month, the subject list is up now. Internet fixed today at last! Hallebloodylujah!

      Delete
  10. Gah! Internet problems. Ours seem to be solved after buying a router - not the cheapest option but at least it seems to be up and running now.
    Gorgeous set of photos, I adore the Citroën and although I too loathe those vanity plates that one's quite funny.
    Your bolthole is looking gorgeous, I'm glad you had a great getaway. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love.
      It turned out to be the telephone line which had water damage,it was finally sorted today but what a bunch of fuckwits I had to deal with to get the problem diagnosed. xx

      Delete
  11. I loved your comment on the Rain pic - made me laugh:) Great photos - that sunset is idyllic and your local wild place ... beautiful... I too must be getting old - can't cope with people revving engines. But I could cope with revving that beautiful old Citroen and would definitely say Oui :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fil. Yes isn't the Citroen gorgeous.

      Delete
  12. Aren't computer and internet problems a bore! Hope it gets sorted soon! Lovely photographs, as usual. My favourite is the one with the teapot, cup and daisies. I love a Citroën DS (and I'm no petrol head either), and isn't it funny you spotted it and its number plate while on your way to your French lesson. Mais oui! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Internet problem was fixed today Ann....at last, it was the telephone line that was water damaged. Off to catch up with you now. x

      Delete
  13. Fi, I love your photos! I especially like the water picture. I'm assuming that's a fishing platform but I'd love to dive off it into that cool clear water...

    The snail is beautiful in a slimy, slithery sort of way!

    I love your van and I love the fact ypou have awning. In fact I have serious awning envy but it would be no good in Ireland we don't get that much sun!

    Hope your week is going well...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am glad of the awning when it is scorchio, we had all our meals out there last week. Hope you are having a lovely time. x

      Delete
  14. Builder's tea for me too, always pack a few boxes when we go to France. Not interested in new, shiny cars, but do like an old classic, and that's a beauty. Still missing Betty, my 80's Toyota camper, hope her new owner loves her as much as I did.
    Your van is looking the business! Is that lovely crocheted bunting? Not long now until the next trip. Can't wait to get away! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to have a camper van! Why did you get rid of her I wonder? Yes crocheted bunting is up when I'm in residence...I bet they think I'm bonkers. x

      Delete
  15. Such a fun summer post. I especially like the blue Citroën, plates and all. I hope that it is going somewhere glamorous.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amalia. Not sure where it was going but it's driver had just been to the hospital.x

      Delete
  16. Oh I love these!!! That sunset is beautiful! The birds in a line are really sweet! Tea is my favourite too! The local wild place is pretty special too!

    Oooh, nice to hear you visit Tunbridge Wells regularly! I've done a blog post on the Wetherspoons now but I'm so surprised you didn't.know about it!!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!